Kids need a place all of their own. Our Pediatric Unit, located on the fifth floor of HSHS St. John’s Children’s Hospital, is just the place to find the expertise you require for your child’s care.
Our pediatric staff is specially trained to understand and respond to the specific medical and emotional needs of your child. Since admission to the hospital can be frightening and stressful for patients and their families, our child life specialists are available to provide coping strategies.
You will find a healing environment on the Pediatric Unit with its cheerful hallways, waiting rooms, play areas
and a beautiful healing garden. The Healing Garden allows patients and their families a place to momentarily escape from the clinical environment.
Our pediatricians are board certified in pediatrics or a subspecialty, providing the Children's Hospital and its outpatient clinics with the greatest diversity of pediatric subspecialites
in the region.
- General visiting hours are 8 am - 8 pm daily.
- No more than two visitors (excluding parents and siblings) at the bedside at any one time.
- Visiting hours for all siblings, extended family and friends are 8 am to 8 pm.
- Pediatrics is a secured unit.
- Only visitors listed on the patient visitor list will be permitted on the unit.
- Visitors must check in at the security desk in the lobby to receive a visitor badge. Once the visitor arrives on the Pediatric Unit, the visitor must use the phone outside the unit doors to call and receive permission to enter.
- Please check in at the nurses' desk before entering room.
- No children under the age of 18 are allowed to spend the night.
- Only two adults may stay at the bedside overnight.
- All visitors must follow isolation precautions.
- Any visitor may be asked to leave if behavior is deemed inappropriate.
- All visitors must be healthy (fever free, no signs of respiratory illness, etc.).
- 2 - 4 p.m. is designed Quiet Time when only family members may be present in the room.