Stop Smoking ... Start Living
Quitting smoking is not about just breaking a “bad habit.” It is about changing your life so cigarettes are no longer a part of it. Our three week program “Stop Smoking ... Start Living” is designed to empower you to:
- Identify what triggers your smoking and make lasting changes that will keep you smoke free.
- Live more in the moment so you can respond — rather than react — to thoughts, feelings and situations that would normally trigger smoking.
- Develop communication skills to help you get the most from your support system.
- Utilize coping techniques to offset any nicotine cravings.
- Relax deeply and affirm living a smoke-free life.
- Cope with stress in ways that improve your overall well-being.
Week I - Preparing for a Smoke-Free Life (2 hours)
Supported by a wellness coach, the client prepares to quit smoking by connecting with good reasons for quitting, contemplating possible barriers to becoming smoke free, identifying a support network, and creating strategies to avoid triggers and deal with cravings.
Week II - Celebrating Successes-Overcoming Obstacles (1 hour)
Client and coach reflect on the successes and challenges of living smoke-free. This session targets smoke-free living and overcoming barriers that interfere with the client's goal.
Week III - Living Smoke-Free (1 hour)
Client and coach continue to identify supports for smoke-free living and create strategies to remove barriers.
Fee: $120 for 3-week program (additional one-hour sessions available)
For more information, call (217) 544-LIVE (5483).